Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Christas Tag Ornament {10.26.2016}

Hello! As a Designer for Sparkle N Sprinkle, I got to play with some more new releases for October. This is the ornament I made using the new Christmas Tags #1 stamp set. I used the colored digital image, and sized it on my computer to what I wanted. Then, I printed it out on cardstock and die cut it with a circle. Let's check it out.


For the tree, I squeezed on some Nuvo Glitter Drops Sunlit Meadow. This gave the tree some heft, sparkle, and shine. It was perfect! As you can see in this photo, I tend to fill in most of the image but  not all of it. I think this gives a better look, since I don't color outside the lines, and I also think it shows the dimension better. What do you think?


I adhered a lot of glitter using the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine. I drew on the adhesive where I wanted to add glitter, then dusted it on. For the snowflake, I used Princess Elsa Frost glitter from the Frozen glitter collection. This glitter was perfect for the sparkly snowflakes :)


I wanted to make it into an ornament and add some gold. So I wrapped a strip of 1/4" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape around the edge of the ornament circle. Then, I burnished in some Aztec Gold glitter - my favorite gold glitter. I also whipped out the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine again, and traced around the inner circle, and sprinkled on some Black Ice glitter.


To make it into an ornament, I die cut a star in red cardstock and layered it behind the circle image. I then added two ribbons together, a solid gold ribbon and some Cream 1/8" Pull Ribbon. I looped these ribbons through a hole I punched, and tied them together to make a hanger.


After adding the ribbon, the ornament was complete! Here is the whole ornament again.


I know you will love this stamp set - it was really fun to make this ornament.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!
-Chris

1 comment:

  1. Cute ornament Chris. Loving all the sparkle and shine! Especially the Glimmer Paste on the trees!

    ReplyDelete