Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Stella Grinch [11.16.2016]

Happy Holidays from Designer Chris! Who doesn't love Stella? She makes me smile and when I saw this new Stella Dear Santa in the November release, I just had to have her :) Let's see what I did.
Stella definitely wasn't a good girl this year, and Santa probably won't be visiting her. She reminded me of the Grinch, so I had to make her green as an homage to one of my favorite holiday characters! I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and rolled on glue to her hat. I sprinkled on Margarita glitter. Then, more glue pen on her hat ruff, and sprinkled on Exhilarated Green glitter. These two greens together were the perfect Grinch colors! 
I die cut some snowflakes and jazzed them up. I used my finger tool, and burnished on some of the Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse on some of the snowflakes and Blue Topaz Nuvo Glimmer Paste on others. I used Brushable Glue and adhered the snowflakes to my background. Here is what the snowflakes looked like.
 I added some texture to my background. I stamped the Crackle Background with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with White Detail embossing powder. Then, I placed some strips of Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape over the background. I laid out a strip from the 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tapes. I burnished in Gypsy Red, Margarita, and Evening Glow glitters in the tape strips.  
I rolled out more Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and rolled on glue to the "Dear Santa" part of the letter. I added Gypsy Red glitter to make it a bit more fun. Here it is.
I also decorated the ornaments. Whipped out the trusty Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and used it to add adhesive to the ornaments. I sprinkled on Gypsy Red and Margarita glitters to them.
Here is another shot of the card. Stella makes me happy, even though she is so grumpy and grinchy! So fun and funny!

I hope you enjoyed this. I had a lot of fun making it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and creative card Chris....I kind of feel like 'Stella' right now...might be on the naughty list...lol..hope not...anyhow fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun and totally hilarious! Great design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fun take on the Grinch! Love your sense of humor! Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete