Friday, February 17, 2017

Lilac Gatefold Card for Mom [#07/52] {02.17.2017}

Hi! I saw a Gatefold card on Jennifer McGuire's blog, and I decided to replicate it for a card for my Mommy. It was a fun card to make, and I love how it turned out. Let's check it out.

I will get back to how I made the card, but here is the sentiment I stamped out. I stamped it in black ink, and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. This made the sentiment shiny and sparkly and oh so pretty!

Okay, back to the gatefold card. Following the directions on Jennifer's blog post, I cut two pieces of white cardstock to 4-1/4" by 7-1/2" and then scored each piece at the 2" mark. I folded each piece at the 2" mark, and reinforced the fold with my teflon bone folder. I stamped the flowers and leaves towards the bottom of one of the full card panels. I stamped fully across the card panel, and then fussy cut away the bottom part of the card. I also stamped the sentiment on the upper edge of the other piece of cardstock's 2" piece. Once both parts were stamped, I layered the cards together. The piece that had the flowers was the front of the card. I adhered adhesive to the 2" piece and attached it to the back of the other cardstock. Here is a photo of how the sentiment looked on the bottom piece's 2" folded piece.

Here is a photo of the top fussy cut edge opening up over the sentiment. I really hope this makes sense. It was really easy to make and an easy way to make a gate fold card.

This was a fun card to make and I hope Mom enjoys it. I love the colors, and had a great time creating it for her.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. The card turned out fabulous too! Love this creative way to make a gatefold. Beautiful hydrangea image - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Chris...I am sure your Mom will love it...such pretty details and I love, love the colors!! Creative and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete