Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Flamingos Pink Christmas card {07.26.2017}

Pink? Christmas? Yes please! Here is another card using Sparkle N Sprinkle's Winter Flamingos Set #2 from their July reveal. I am bringing you a LOT of PINK! I am definitely dreaming of a PINK Christmas! Let's check out the card. 
Winter Flamingos Set #2
The first thing I did was create a bit of a background. I stamped out one of the flamingos from the Winter Flamingos Set #2, using Versamark Ink on the outer edges of the card panel, after treating my cardstock with the Anti Static Bag. I sprinkled on White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This put a little bit of texture and flamingo shape along the edges of this layer. It is hard to tell, but here is a close up of the cardstock panel layers. 
Winter Flamingos Set #2
And, it can't be a pink Christmas with out a fun sentiment in PINK! I treated my cardstock with the Anti Static Bag, then stamped the sentiment using Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Dragon Fruit embossing powder (my NEW favorite!) and heat set it. This embossing powder has the most amazingly beautiful color variations of different shades of pinks and white. It is BEAUTIFUL! Once I had the sentiment heat set, I die cut the sentiment with the frame die from the Rose Garden Invite Insert Die Set. This die is really versatile and it made some really fun edging to the sentiment banner. I also blended on some pink distress ink to the edges for even more pink awesomeness!! 
Winter Flamingos Set #2
I treated more white cardstock wtih my Anti Static Bag, and stamped out the flamingo with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on more Dragon Fruit embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I filled in the flamingo with glitter to add color: I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Small Tip to apply glitter to the flamingo's hat, scarf, and shoes. Then, I sprinkled on Mermaid glitter. I applied more glue pen to the flamingo body, and sprinkled on Pinkerbell glitter. I rolled on more adhesive to the beak, and sprinkled on Creamsicle glitter. Then, just because I was feeling frisky and felt like it, I squeezed on some White Blizzard Crystal Nuvo Drops to his eyeballs to make them dimensional and shiny! These crystal drops have a bit of a glitter effect and they made his eyes full of stars! 
Winter Flamingos Set #2
I finished off the card by squeezing some Crystal Drops in Ebony Black and Carnation Pink on the edges of the flamingo oval. I layered everything together, and this card was done. 
Winter Flamingos Set #2
I LOVE Pink, and this set was so much fun, and while all the sentiments were fun and punny, I HAD to use this sentiment because it is completely hysterical! I wish all Christmases were pink ... I would prefer that much more than a white Christmas! I hope you have fun creating your holiday cards!! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day! 

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow double WOWOW! Chris, this is adorable! I love the peek of white embossed matting in the background, and the wonderful embossing on the rest of your card. Great use of the sentiment, and a wonderful card design! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love~love all the pink for this silly flamingo (I loved these flamingos, they just make me laugh and smile) and he is so neat in all his glittery goodness!! I didn't get this set but should of as it is so cute and goes well with set 1....fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete