Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Puppy's Halloween Sparkle N Sprinkle card {10.04.2017}

Hello! Today's card is a sweet puppy, getting ready for Halloween. I used the A Puppy's Halloween stamp set. I also used some Tonic Studios dies: Autumnal Oak Die Set, Mixed Edge Oval Layering Basics Die Set, Swirling Frame Layering Die Set. Here is the card:

Here is the close up of the puppy! I cut some cardstock, using my 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine paper cutter, and stamped him out using Versafine Black Onyx ink using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I colored him with Copic markers, then I replaced him back in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and inked it again with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This gave some great dimension to the black lines of the puppy! I also used my Nuvo Glue Pen Small to roll on adhesive to the puppy dog and the straw in the broom. I used Rose Gold and Evening Glow respectively!

I blinged up the hat ... I rolled on some adhesive using the Nuvo Glue Pen Small and sprinkled on Hyacinth and Creamsicle glitters. I dusted off the remaining glitter with my Glitter Brush, which works so great!

I stamped out my sentiment using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform with Versamark Ink, after treating the cardstock with my Anti Static Bag. I sprinkled on Tangy Tangerine embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I die cut the sentiment using the Tonic Mixed Edge Oval Layering Basics Die Set, and I also die cut a piece of white cardstock with the next larger size up. I swiped more Versamark Ink on the edges of the larger oval, and then sprinkled on more Tangy Tangerine embossing powder and heat set it. I repeated this to add a second layer to add even more embossing powder.

I also blinged out the edges of the Tonic Swirling Frame Layering Die Set and then layered some 3/4" Tear-ific Tape behind the negative space of the frame. Then, I smooshed in more Hyacinth and Creamsicle glitters into the adhesive. This created a really fun, sparkly background behind the swirling frame!

I also went wild and crazy with the oak leaf die from the Autumnal Oak Die Set. I die cut out orange and yellow cardstock. Then, I rolled on Nuvo Glue Pen Large adhesive to the Crackle Background stamp. I let the adhesive dry to tacky, and then rubbed on some Radiant Gold and Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes. I burnished these in and then dusted off the gilding flakes with my Mini Blender Brush. I adhered the leaves all around the image with the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.

I am looking forward to fall and Halloween, and this card definitely puts me in the mood! I know you will love this stamp set!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris! This is such a sweet stamp set, and you have done it beautifully! . I love that Autumnal set, as well, and the way you have layered it. I especially like that the card is oh-so-pretty, and the sentiment brings out the Halloween-ish-ness to your design! Beautifully done! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite stamp set from the release, and I just love the design you came up with, all so 'balanced' and perfect, another masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Love all of the techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete