Monday, October 2, 2017

Rainbow Bridge Dog Card {10.02.2017}

My dear friend lost her dog recently. I made her this Rainbow Bridge card to honor her sweet dog. He was 16 years old. Let's check out the card.

I combined a lot of stuff to create this card. The first thing I did, was stamp out the dog image using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I stamped the dog from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Pet Sympathy stamp set using Versafine Black Onyx ink. I removed it from the stamp platform, colored it with Prismacolor pencils, then placed it back into my stamp platform and stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx ink again. I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This stamp platform makes this technique really easy to do! I have found that colored pencils kinda dull the black lines of the stamped image. Doing the re-stamp after coloring brightens up the lines, and this also allows me to put on the embossing powder after I color it. Sometimes it is difficult to color close to an embossed line, or I color too close and then break off a piece of embossing. The stamp platform solves all of these issues! I also squeezed on some Nuvo Crystal Drops on the flowers, the wings, and the halo.

I also stamped out a sentiment from the Pet Sympathy stamp set. I again used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp out the sentiment, and stamped it with Versamark Ink onto white cardstock. I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I then die cut it using Tonic Studios Layering Basics Die Set Mixed Edge Oval. This set is really fun because it alternates between smooth edge and scalloped edge ovals in increasing sizes. After I die cut the white oval, I blended some pink distress ink over the opening of the die. This kept the outer edge white. I removed the die, and then added some additional sparkle with the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. It is really sparkly in person, but here is a photo showing some of the sparkle over the sentiment.

And, I also used the Simon Says Stamp September Card Kit to add even more fun to the card. I used some of the patterned paper from that kit as a card panel behind the main image. I also stamped out the heart from the Best Ever several times, with Versamark Ink, and sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I blended distress inks onto each of the hearts and made a rainbow. I fussy cut the hearts out, then squeezed on one little drop of Nuvo Crystal Drops on each heart. I arranged them under the sentiment oval. Here is a close up of some of them.

I also stamped out the inside of the card with another sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle's Pet Sympathy stamp set using Versafine Black Onyx ink.

I know my friend is missing her doggie, and I hope she knows how sad I am for her loss. I am sending her hugs.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute Chris! You're friend will love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...so sad, I know the feeling well and I remember receiving a few pet sympathy cards and how much it meant to me, she will treasure this forever!

    ReplyDelete