Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Blue Botanical Orchid Flowers {11.29.2017}

Hi! Designer Chris on the blog today. Wow - I love orchids, and this new Botanical Orchid Flowers stamp set is amazing! The orchid is beautiful, gorgeous, and so versatile! I had a lot of fun with this card. Let's check it out.

I positioned my orchid stamp in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I treated some watercolor cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, and placed the cardstock inside the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and stamped the image using Versafine Black Onyx ink, which is waterproof. I sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder, using the Craft Spoon, and heat set the image. Then, I started to watercolor! I colored the orchid in blue, with yellow and orange highlights, and colored the leaves in greens. I then colored the background with a light blue wash to add some depth. Then I sat it aside to dry. Once it was dry, I die cut the image using Tonic Studio's Scalloped Square Layering Basics Die Set. I also trimmed some black cardstock, and Tonic's Falling Glitter Craft Perfect Embossed Paper using the Tonic Studio 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine, and then die cut them with the Tonic Studio's Scalloped Square Layering Basics Die Set and layered them all together!! Then, I covered the entire image with Nuvo Morning Dew crystal drops. This added a lot of shine to the flower and really popped it up a notch! I also squeezed some drops of the Nuvo Morning Dew crystal drops in the corner.

For the sentiment, I treated some extra piece of my watercolored cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, then positioned the sentiment inside the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and stamped it using Versamark Ink. I scooped out some Peacock embossing powder using my Craft Spoon, and heat set it. Then, I cut out the sentiment with Tonic Studio's Scalloped Square Layering Basics Die Set. I LOVE this Peacock embossing powder ... absolutely stunning. You can see all the different colors in this embossing powder below. Wow!

One last shot of the edge of the card, with the sweet Nuvo Morning Dew crystal drops and that amazing Falling Glitter Craft Perfect Embossed Paper. This paper is incredible! It has such a wonderful texture, and the paper is really soft. It isn't stiff but is very substantial. Hard to describe, but oh so perfect!

I know you will love this Botanical Orchid Flowers stamp set, and I can't wait to see how you use it! Remember to post your creations in the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge on Facebook, which runs from the first of each month to the 25th.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of fabulous texture and love that blue orchid....I have tried several times to grow an orchid and only end up killing it..sigh...so looking at it on paper is MUCH better...very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete