Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Bella Fairy Mirror Image & Shaker Card {12.13.2017}

Hello from Designer Chris! Today is a special card. I used the Bella Fairy Stamp / Die Set to make this card. And, I made it into a shaker card and did a mirror image technique to make a twin for Bella. Let's check out the card, shall we?

First, I had to create the second mirror Bella image. To do this, I placed my Bella stamp in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and closed to lid to pick it up onto the lip. I opened it up and placed a solid block stamp down where Bella would stamp onto. You can see the opened Tim Holtz Stamp Platform here.

And, then I closed the lid to make sure the stamp was lined up over the solid block stamp. You can see that my solid block stamp just fit the Bella stamp image.
I inked up the Bella image with my Versafine Black Onxy Ink and closed the lid and pressed the inked image onto the solid rubber stamp, and then lifted the lid. Here is a photo of what it looked like after this step.


Then, I trimmed a piece of cardstock using the 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine and treated it with my Anti Static Bag. Then, I placed a piece of cardstock straight down onto the inked image on the solid rubber stamp. Note, don't move this piece of cardstock around, just place it directly down onto the inked image. Once it was placed there, I lightly rubbed the cardstock to transfer the image from the solid rubber block onto the cardstock.

And then ... peel the cardstock directly up! Here is the reveal of the mirror image transferred onto cardstock!

As soon as I transferred the mirror Bella image to the cardstock, I sprinkled it with Clear Detail embossing powder, heat set it, and I had a perfect mirror Bella! I also die cut out the mirror stamped image. I used the matching die cut in the Bella Fairy Stamp / Die Set and die cut Bella onto some scrap cardstock. Then, using it as a guide, I arranged the die cut image behind the Bella stamped mirror image. (I didn't have a light table, so I placed the two pieces of cardstock on my window and used the bright sunlight to make sure I lined up the image and die right!) You can see the little border around the edge of Bella here. Once I had this placed in the right spot, I placed the die into the negative space, taped it down with washi tape, and ran it through my Tangerine Machine die cutter. The die easily cut right through the back of the cardstock with the Bella stamp.

And look! Check out the two Bella images. One is the normal stamped image, and the other is the mirror image. They were both stamped in Versafine Black Onxy Ink and then covered in Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set. Pretty cool, eh? I used the Easy Clean Mat on my work surface, which is REALLY EASY to clean up and excess glitter wipes up really easy!

Then, I started building the card and coloring! First thing I did was color the two Bellas the same. I used pinks and blues for her dress and wings, and gave her brown hair.

I also gave her some extra sparkle! Sparkle N Sprinkle just revealed some NEW Microfine Glitters ... and they are GORGEOUS! I used several of them on this card. You can see the Mocha highlights in her hair, Ocean Breeze in her wings and shoes, and Pink Fizz on her dress. To adhere these glitters, I rolled the Sakura Glue Pen where I wanted to apply each glitter, and sprinkled them on. I brushed off the excess using my Glitter Brush. This is so much prettier in real life - still photos don't quite capture all the glittery gorgeous sparkle!

I also die cut the Bella out again and then blinged it up too! I rolled on more Sakura Glue Pen and used more of the new microfine glitters!! For this element, I used the Marine Blue on her wings, Black Diamond on her feather and shoes, and Caspia Sea on her dress.

I began building my card, and I started with a red cardstock base. I die cut the red cardstock using the Tonic Jasmine Sunset Layering Die Collection die. I cut a base with red cardstock, then cut an overlayer in black cardstock with the same die. I adhered these together for the base. I squeezed on some Winter Cranberry Glitter Accents in the upper corner after I built the card layers together. You can see both the layers of the card base and the glitter accents here.

And, I created a shaker element too! I die cut pink cardstock using the Tonic Deco Diamond Patterned Panels Die Set. I adhered a layer of acetate under the deco panel die cut and placed foam tape along the edges. I added in some sequins and placed it over a solid pink cardstock base. I layered up all the elements, added some rhinestone blight in the corners as well, and the card was finished.

I really love these new microfine glitters, and I know you will too! This mirror technique was really fun to use too, and I think I will have to do it more - it is nice to change it up a little bit now and again. And, who doesn't love a shaker card! Also, remember to post your creations in our Creative Challenge on our Facebook page. We really like to see what you create, and the winner gets a prize!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Chris this turned out amazing...what a wonderful technique and an adorable card!! I love shakers and this one is fabulous!! I love all those gorgeous new glitters you have used, too...another beauty my friend!!

    ReplyDelete