Friday, March 9, 2018

Ahoy Matey Pivot PopUp Birthday Card [03.09.2018]

Hello! I created a really fun, multiple-interactive birthday card. I fussy cut the front card panel and made the edges look distressed and old. I stamped several stamps from Lawn Fawn's Ahoy, Matey stamp set on the card panel with a brown ink. Then, I die cut the slider mechanism using one of the pieces from Lawn Fawn's Slide on Over Semicircles set. I positioned the water, the palm tree, and the boat stamp from the Ahoy, Matey stamp set in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, and inked up the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I removed my stamped images, colored them with Copics, replaced them in the stamp platform, and inked up the images with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I stamped the images again (in the same place due to the stamp platform!) and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I die cut out the images with my Tonic Tangerine machine, and then I mounted the front panel onto my card base with foam tape and added the boat with the slider mechanism. I adhered a palm tree on each end of the slider area and placed the water below it. The boat slid from one land area across the sea to the other land! So fun! I also spelled out the birthday boy's name on the envelope using Lawn Fawn's Owen's ABCs stamp set. Let's check out this card and envelope!

Supply List:
Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey stamp set
Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey lawn cuts
Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-up die
Lawn Fawn Slide on Over Semicircles
Lawn Fawn Owen's ABCs stamp set
Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Collection Pack
Sparkle N Sprinkle Clear Detail embossing powder
Wink of Stella shimmer pen
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Tonic Tangerine machine


I created an interactive pop-up inside using Lawn Fawn's new Pivot Popup die (which I LOOOOOOVE!). I stamped out more images from the Ahoy, Matey stamp set as above, and die cut the images. I also die cut out the pivot pieces, and stamped more images from the Ahoy, Matey stamp set onto the background. I die cut some "water" from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes collection pack and adhered it onto the pivot popup section. I fussy cut more kraft cardstock and ink blended the edges with distress inks and adhered it into the card as well.

Here is the sweet little pirate girl. I colored her and gave her parrot a little extra sparkle with the Wink of Stella glitter pen.

Here is the sweet little pirate boy and his treasure chest. Look at those sparkly jewels ... compliments of the Wink of Stella glitter pen!

And, of course I had to put in a sentiment. I positioned a sentiment from the Ahoy, Matey stamp set in my stamp platform again, and stamped the sentiment with a red Versafine ink and then sprinkled more Sparkle N Sprinkle Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. The sentiment looks pretty cool!

Here is a shot of the pivot mechanism that Lawn Fawn designed. I LOOOOVE this popup. It is really cool and I love how it bursts out of the card and pops up!

This was a really fun card to make, and I think the birthday boy really enjoyed his card. I am also entering this card into Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 24: Fun With Dies! ... and this card was FUN for sure!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Chris this is fabulous and I LOVE how you have even taken it to another level by making it interactive...I LOVE this card!! I just got the die myself, I finally found it in stock...but no time yet to play...have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this card is so much fun! I love all the cute details and the heat-embossed stamping! The pivot pop-up is awesome too! So glad you joined the Fun with Dies challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete