Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Sparkle N Sprinkle Amazing You Sentiment & Hello Die [03.07.2018]

Hi! Today I am showcasing one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's new March stamp sets. I made a card using one of the sentiments from the Amazing You - Paisley Elephant stamp set, and I stamped the sentiment around the card in rainbow colors. Let's check it out!

Supply List:
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Tonic Tangerine machine



I started out by stamping the "Fabulous!" sentiment multiple times (more on this technique below). I used my Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform for this. I stamped the sentiment in colored ink, cleaned the stamp and reinked it with Versamark ink, then restamped the sentiment over the top of the colored ink. Then I sprinkled on clear embossing powder when I was done with all 8 of the stamped sentiments. And then I heat set it. Here is a peek at the blue and violet parts of the rainbow.

Here is a shot of all 8 colors of the sentiment. After I stamped the sentiment, I also stamped the flower in Versamark ink from the Happiness Greetings stamp set. I sprinkled on Yellow Spark embossing powder and heat set it. I then stamped the leaf from the Happiness Greetings stamp set and sprinkled on Spring Willow embossing powder and heat set them. After all the stamping was done, I die cut three "hello" dies from Tonic's ATC Hello Die. I layered them up and adhered them together with the Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen and adhered them to the front of the card in the center of the stamped sentiments.

And, here is how I created the template to stamp out the sentiment all around the paper. I have seen some "builder" templates in blog land recently, and I decided to make my own. It was really easy! I took a square piece of cardstock and die cut a large square from the Tonic Scalloped Square Layering Basics Die Set from the center of the paper. Then, I turned the die 45 degrees, taped it down, and die cut it again. This gave me the template below.

To stamp my sentiment "around" the paper, I placed the sentiment where I wanted it to stamp on one of the sides of the square piece of paper. I placed the sentiment to the far right edge of the paper so it would stamp to the farthest edge (like if this was a clock, I placed the sentiment stamp at the three o'clock position). I inked my stamp with my first color of ink, stamped it, repeated it with the Versamark ink layer (so the clear embossing powder would stick to the ink), then turned the square card one notch (45 degrees) and repeated the process with my next ink color. I did this all the way around, stamping and moving the square cardstock one notch at a time until I had all 8 stamps of the sentiment. I never moved the stamp itself, it always stamped at the "three o'clock" position but I moved the paper each time I stamped, so the sentiment stamped around in a circle. I repeated the same concept with the flower and then the leaf image too.

Once I had my main card panel stamped with the sentiment, I created a frame to place it on. I die cut the Venetian Lace Layering Die Collection die from black cardstock. Here is what it looked like.

I turned the die cut over, and placed strips of 3/4" Tear-ific Tape along the edge of the die cut. This is what the back looked liked after the tape was adhered. I made sure I covered up all the negative space around the edge of the frame.

I turned the die back right-side-up and then sprinkled on and pressed in Shamrock glitter into the exposed adhesive. I burnished it in really well with my finger tool.

Then, I die cut some more black and red Scalloped Squares, layered everything up, adhered it down, added some pearls and flowers and my card was done.

Sparkle N Sprinkle is starting something NEW, beginning this month. Instead of a traditional blog hop, the designers will be showcasing the new sets starting on the 5th of the month and a winner of a $20 gift certificate to the Sparkle N Sprinkle shoppe will be chosen at the end of each month! All you have to do to WIN is to comment on the SNS blog posting AND the Designer's blog to be eligible. You must comment on BOTH blogs to be eligible. The more blog posts you comment on (at SNS blog AND the designer's blog), the greater chance you have of winning....!!! Good luck! And, remember to post your Sparkle N Sprinkle creations on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge on Facebook! You can win there too :) Just sayin', that's a LOT of chances to win a prize!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Neat process to get the word centered and in a circle. Like the rainbow of colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card and products used to make it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete